The craft of making tallow candles began in England in the 13th Century. The wick was repeatedly dipped into melted tallow (animal fat) to build up a candle.
Candles were early status symbols; their usage provided an insight into a household’s wealth and status.
The 18th century saw an increase in the number of craftsmen making striking light fittings, including elaborate candlesticks and crystal chandeliers in wh
ich to burn the precious candle.
Today we do not burn candles for light but because we enjoy the ambience they provide in any room setting.
Moorcroft is continuing the craft of producing ‘striking’ candlesticks for the home.
Deals on Ebay
Click on item with no obligation to buy:
- Current Price: $189.54
- Ends: May 11, 2019 14:20:00 UTC
- Current Price: $229.99
- Ends: May 3, 2019 19:09:01 UTC
- Current Price: $1,080.00
- Ends: May 20, 2019 15:51:25 UTC
- Current Price: $195.00
- Ends: May 18, 2019 16:23:22 UTC
- Current Price: $635.00
- Ends: May 13, 2019 17:24:27 UTC
- Current Price: $725.00
- Ends: May 14, 2019 21:39:26 UTC
- Current Price: $590.75
- Ends: May 13, 2019 22:11:51 UTC