The craft of making tallow candles began in England in the 13th Century. The wick was repeatedly dipped into melted tallow (animal fat) to build up a candle.
Candles were early status symbols; their usage provided an insight into a household’s wealth and status.
The 18th century saw an increase in the number of craftsmen making striking light fittings, including elaborate candlesticks and crystal chandeliers in wh
ich to burn the precious candle.
Today we do not burn candles for light but because we enjoy the ambience they provide in any room setting.
Moorcroft is continuing the craft of producing ‘striking’ candlesticks for the home.
Deals on Ebay
Click on item with no obligation to buy:
- Current Price: $55.00
- Ends: Aug 9, 2018 16:10:47 UTC
- Current Price: $1,080.00
- Ends: Jul 24, 2018 15:51:24 UTC
- Current Price: $725.00
- Ends: Aug 17, 2018 21:39:25 UTC
- Current Price: $195.00
- Ends: Aug 20, 2018 12:56:00 UTC
- Current Price: £225.00
- Ends: Aug 4, 2018 5:08:55 UTC
- Current Price: $715.00
- Ends: Aug 9, 2018 13:56:31 UTC
- Current Price: AUD $599.00
- Ends: Aug 19, 2018 3:20:49 UTC
- Current Price: $229.99
- Ends: Aug 6, 2018 19:09:00 UTC
- Current Price: $169.99
- Ends: Aug 13, 2018 1:20:13 UTC